Monday, December 3, 2012

it's all for the mission...

One of the worst feelings in the world is the one you have when waking up from anesthesia. Trust me I know! After my knee surgery I promised myself that I would never have surgery/have to be put under anesthesia again. Sadly however, here I am only six months later and I find myself preparing for another surgery. Don't worry, it's nothing too serious, just your typical wisdom teeth removal. Yes, tomorrow I have to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. About a year ago, at one of my dental checkups, a panoramic x-ray confirmed that my wisdom teeth were impacted and that they would need to be removed eventually. I thought that I would be able to put it off as long as I could. I was wrong again! Now due to my mission papers, my teeth needed to be pulled ASAP and that happens to be tomorrow. The odd part is I don't know what I am dreading more: the feeling I am going to have when I wake up or the pain that I am going to have for the next week. Let me just say that on a scale of 1-10 my pain tolerance is maybe at the most a 0.1. (Aren't you glad you aren't my mother?) I keep telling myself that this is for the mission and that is the only thing getting me through.

On a side note: This happens to be the last step in the process of filling out my papers! All appears to be right on schedule and if everything works out, I could have my call before December is over. Who could have ever guessed?

No comments: